A peach is a soft, juicy and fleshy stone fruit produced by a peach tree. Peaches were cultivated in China as far back as 8,000 years ago, with domestication at least 4,000 years ago!
peach fun facts:
- Peaches are a widely popular delicious, juicy fruit.
- Peaches are a great source of vitamins A and C.
- A large peach has fewer than 70 calories and contains 3 grams of fiber.
- In Georgia, the World’s Largest Peach Cobbler is made every year.
- August is National Peach Month in the USA since 1982.
- Peaches are at their peak from June to the end of August.
- Scientifically the peach tree is known as Prunus Persica.
- The average lifespan of a peach tree is about 12 years.
- There are over 2000 varieties of peaches in the world.
- The peach is a member of the rose family and is a close relative of almonds.
- In China the peach is a symbol of good luck and protection.
- Georgia is the Peach State, but California produces about 50 percent of the USA peaches.
- You can ripen peaches by placing them in a brown paper bag for two to three days.
Learn More About Peaches - HERE